Monday 20 June 2016

The Sanwar

The game I'm enjoying most at the moment is the second edition of Sharp Practice by Too Fat Lardies. It is designed with 19th century black powder skirmish engagements in mind where the "big men" or leaders of the troops are fundamental to the action and even have characters of their own in an rpg-light kind of way.

The game has grabbed my attention to such an extent that a game we had planned to run using Dan Mersey's The Men Who Would Be King rules is now going to be a Sharp Practice game.

We're taking it to Mars though. Matt has a lot of colonial types with a Victorian SciFi theme from Ironclad Miniatures, and I've had a hankering to buy some of their Sanwar for a while now.


So I gave in recently and purchased a few packs. The figures are wonderful! Reminiscent of the Tusken Raiders from the original Star Wars movie, these will make excellent tribal types with primitive musketry and scavenged hand weapons.

Hopefully I'll be able to provide a game write up soon as I'm itching to play. I need to work out some stats first...







http://www.ironcladminiatures.co.uk/ourshop/cat_302107-Sanwar.html

4 comments:

  1. Very cool minis. And paint. Look more like what you'd get if a Sandperson got amorous with a Jawa. 😳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I think that's probably why they appeal to me. They have that Star Wars look to them.

      Delete
    2. Maybe Sand people are just grown up Jawa's? :D

      They'll make great Post-op gun slingers either way. Cool :)

      Delete
    3. Haha! Does anybody make Jawas, or perhaps 15mm Sand People?

      Delete